Driver Requirements:

All Rideshare Drivers on GoCatch in Victoria must:

  • Be at least 21 years of age
  • Have held a full Victorian Driver Licence for a minimum of 12 months
  • Have a current Victorian Driver Accreditation
  • Have an iOS or Android smartphone
  • Be able to communicate with passengers in English clearly and effectively

Account validation is subject to final review by GoCatch staff.

Vehicle Requirements:

All GoCatch Rideshare Vehicles in Victoria must:

  • Be a 2008 model, or newer
  • Have no more than 300,000kms on the odometer
  • Have 4 outward opening doors with external handles
  • Have seats and working seat belts for a driver, and at least 4 passengers 
  • Be registered in Victoria
  • Be in very good internal and external condition i.e. must not have any significant internal or external wear and tear such as, but not limited to, upholstery stains or dents/scratches on the bodywork
  • Not have any commercial branding
  • Not be a convertible, ex-taxi, passenger van, bus, truck, instructor vehicle or utility vehicle with a cargo tray

Find out if your vehicle is eligible

However, it must meet the following criteria:

Unsure if your vehicle meets our minimum requirements? Get in touch with us via rideshare@gocatch.com with the vehicle make, model and year.

Account validation is subject to final review by GoCatch staff.

Eligible and ready to start driving?

Required Documents:

1. Full Victorian Driver Licence

You must have held a full Victorian Driver Licence for a minimum of 12 months. The Driver Licence must be current and valid. 

International, probationary or learner’s Driver Licences are not permitted.

2. Victorian Driver Accreditation

GoCatch is working closely with the Taxi Services Commission to assist with the ongoing rollout of the new transportation framework. As such, we require every driver on the GoCatch Rideshare platform to hold an appropriate and valid Driver Accreditation.

For more information, click here. Otherwise, please complete the following forms, organise an appointment with your General Practitioner and submit your application to the Taxi Services Commission:

NOTE: A current and valid Taxi Driver Accreditation is acceptable.

 3. Vehicle Insurance

Please provide a full copy of your valid Third Party Property (Fire and Theft), Third Party Property Damage, or Comprehensive vehicle insurance certificate. CTP is not adequate vehicle insurance.

The document must have your name printed as the policy holder or nominated driver, and it must display the vehicle’s registration number, details, type of cover, and a future expiry date.

NOTE: The document is often called a ‘Certificate of Currency’ or ‘Certificate of Insurance’.

Eligible and ready to start driving?

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our friendly team at rideshare@gocatch.com.